[B-Greek] Paul writing in Latin or Hebrew/Aramaic?

Mark Lightman lightmanmark at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 00:24:11 EDT 2010

Dave wrote:

<I've just read this assertion on another list and am interested in your
comments, please:

"And no, Greek was not the language of the Romans.  They spoke Latin.  Paul
would have written to Rome either in one of his better languages
(Hebrew/Aramaic) or theirs (Latin), but there's little logic behind the idea
he would have written to them in Greek.">

Hi, Dave,

I have no problem believing that there may have been a Latin or a Hebrew/Aramaic
vorlage underlying the Greek text of Romans, as long as one does not make any
further claims based on this assertion.

Mark L

FWSFOROS MARKOS