[B-Greek] How many languages in Acts 21-22?

Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Thu Aug 19 01:46:55 EDT 2010

Dear Randall,

I think that what is happening is that Hebrew is more prevalent in and around
Jerusalem and the Temple environs, while Aramaic, Greek is used in business and
other matters especially in Galilee would Aramaic and Greek be used more. At the
same time, I think that with the synagogues where Hebrew would be still be used.
Lk 4 where Jesus reads from Isaiah 61 is a clear example of this. Other examples
would be John 10:30ff in quoting from the Psalm 82:6; Matthew 22:41ff (and
parallels) quoting Psalm 110.

Each of the examples above clearly have Jesus arguing with scribes, Pharisees
and Sadducees in Jerusalem and the Temple environs. The Benedictus and
Magnificat in Luke 1 would be other examples.

En Xristwi,

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III