[B-Greek] Introductory Grammar Suggestions

Randall Buth randallbuth at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 18:51:40 EDT 2010

>My initial inclination was to start with a New Testament grammar.  However, the more research I did, the more inclined I became to starting with Attic.  You mention that learning Attic first allowed you to more easily
transition to both Homer and to koine.  What are your thoughts on
beginning with Homer?  It is certainly the long way to getting at koine.>

Tony, you might want to study that essay on "SLA and Latin"
and its implications on pedagogy and success,
before making commitments. Like the idea that different methodologies
are not options or personal taste but perform necessary roles at
different stages of learning.

http://www.tcl.camws.org/spring2010/TCL_I_ii_Perspectives_Patrick.html

ERRWSO
Randall