[B-Greek] Where does the NU in ἡμῖν hHMIN come from?

Mark Lightman lightmanmark at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 13:27:46 EDT 2010

Thanks, Stephen.  After asking the question, it occurred to me that it could
just be a movable nu which I did not recognize because the putative intervocalic
loss of the sigma, presumably from αμμε-σι(ν) AMME-SI(N.)  Since a third
declension substantive is supposed to end with a consonant, I wonder if this and
hUMIN are the only such words that end in ιν IN instead of σιν SIN, which is
what threw me off.

But it sounds like Sihler is saying something different.

 Mark L

FWSFOROS MARKOS