[B-Greek] Video of learning Ancient Greek through stories

Mark Lightman lightmanmark at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 23:01:32 EDT 2010

Recently Louis Sorenson attended a seminar where he learned about a method
of teaching a foreign language through telling simple stories and asking
repetitive questions.
He was kind to share some of the info with some of us.

I don't claim to understand all the details of the method, but I tried it out
with a member
of our Koine conversational group.  You can watch the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF57UenLPzE

The method works well to the extent that those with limited Koine speaking
skills
can get practice repeating words and simple phrases that need to go into the
long term
memory by active and repeated use.  It also was effective in keeping the
conversation focused
and moving, better than just spontaneous chat, which we have tried in the past.

 Mark L
Φωσφορος

FWSFOROS MARKOS