[B-Greek] [B=Greek] New Co-Chair: Louis Sorenson

Sarah Madden sarah.r.madden at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 02:46:39 EDT 2010

Hi, Andrew --

Whew -- the mystery of "JK" is finally revealed, which puts an entirely
different spin on your original post (thank goodness!). Your explanation
illustrates a recent -- and continuing -- problem in business where people
who don't speak the same language (for example, formal English writing vs.
texting, or the acronyms and jargon of any field) try to communicate via
their native tongues. This is true particularly in the written word where
texting and e-mailing have produced a world of shortcuts, acronyms, and
grammar faux pas that aren't used or even understood in formal writing --
and yet some people import these useful (but esoteric) words/formats into
more formal documents, resulting in a disconnect in the readers'
understanding. People have discovered the hard way that résumés and cover
letters, for example, are not the best place to showcase their use of
texting jargon.  :-)

Thanks for clearing it up. I, too, should get a copy of* The Urban
Dictionary* ...

Sarah ><>