[B-Greek] New Co-Chair: Louis Sorenson

Paul Zellmer pzellmer at sc.rr.com
Thu Aug 12 07:45:04 EDT 2010

I hope, JK (are you Andrew? Please forgive me for not recognizing your name
from your initials), that your comment is directed at the co-chair policy
and not the decision to add Louis to the list of co-chairs.

As a long-time member of this list, dating back to before the decision of
the original listowner to step aside and establish co-chairs, and as a
member of the sister b-hebrew list, I well understand the problems that the
co-chair system have solved or prevented.  And the co-chairs on this list in
particular have kept us on track by a strict interpretation of the list's
purpose.  Their moderation has been gentle, and the list has remained a joy
to read.  A mere glance at the volume of posts should indicate that the
policy has not stifled participation, and I don't see the "I've had enough,
I'm leaving" posts that I find on less moderated lists.  Continued kudos to
Jonathan, Carl, Carlton, and now Louis.

Paul Zellmer