[B-Greek] Robinson/Pierpont 2005 Readers-Edition

Oun Kwon kwonbbl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 22:45:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Mark Lightman <lightmanmark at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Good point, but one thought that has occurred to me is that what we really
> need is the MT and the Critical Text printed on opposite pages.  This is
> really the only fair way to compare the texts.  As it is now, the other
side
> gets relegated to partial footnotes at the bottom of the pages.  There are
> some electronic versions that show the texts side by side.
>
>  Mark L

It is going to make the volume of the text double. Why not put within the
base text as bracketed and in different font? Of course, it would be not
simple straightforward for some other than 'omission/insertion/replacement'
type variants.

Example in the text I have created for my use:

Mt 1:10       Ἑζεκίας δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Μανασσῆ,

              Μανασσῆς δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Ἀμώς,

              Ἀμὼς[/Ἀμὼν] δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Ἰωσίαν,

Mt 1:11       Ἰωσίας δὲ ἐγέννησεν [τὸν Ἰωακειμ

              Ἰωακειμ δὲ ἐγέννησεν] τὸν Ἰεχονίαν

              καὶ τοὺς ἀδελφοὺς αὐτοῦ

Those in the bracket in red font is for omission/insertion type.

Those in the bracket in red font with a slash is replacement type. If the
replaced word-group is long, it is marked with a suitable deliminator.  The
smaller font indicates the degree of acceptability.

The base text I used is WH text. Intra-text additions are gathered as I go
through my study, esp. compared to TR of KJV tradition.

Oun Kwon