[B-Greek] Philipians 2:19-21 - no one like minded.

Justin Chamberlain justin4jesus at verizon.net
Wed Aug 11 13:03:47 EDT 2010

Php 2:19  ᾿Ελπίζω δὲ ἐν Κυρίῳ ᾿Ιησοῦ Τιμόθεον ταχέως πέμψαι ὑμῖν, ἵνα κἀγὼ εὐψυχῶ γνοὺς τὰ περὶ ὑμῶν·

Php 2:20  οὐδένα γὰρ ἔχω ἰσόψυχον, ὅστις γνησίως τὰ περὶ ὑμῶν μεριμνήσει·

Php 2:21  οἱ πάντες γὰρ τὰ ἑαυτῶν ζητοῦσιν, οὐ τὰ Χριστοῦ ᾿Ιησοῦ·

Hi,

Confessedly I am a lurker – mainly because I do not consider myself technically proficient enough

to participate. I hope that will not prevent an answer.

My question is regarding Philippians 2:19-21

Paul States in 2:20 that he has no one like minded. Can we determine from the Greek here if this statement includes

Timothy? MERIMNAO being in the future tense seems to indicate that Timothy is like minded but OUDEIS would

seem to exclude him from being like minded as well.

Is he sending Timothy because he has no one like minded OR is he sending Timothy because he is the only

one like minded?

Thank you,

Justin R. Chamberlain

Santa Maria CA 93454

Truth is still Truth… whether you believe it or not.