[B-Greek] Robinson/Pierpont 2005 Readers-Edition

Mark Lightman lightmanmark at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 15:56:49 EDT 2010

> Hi Mark,
>
> I would appreciate if you would give a  few examples of the text which
> got 'smoothing out'.

Hi, Oun,

Here's a few more examples in addition to the good one Carl just
gave:

1.  Mt. 6:32 MT has a singular verb επιζητεῖ EPIZHTEI with the neuter plural
subject τα εθην TA EQNH, whereas the NA text has a plural verb επιζητοῦσιν.

2. 1 Cor. 15:51b MT provides a MEN, missing in NA, to complete the DE.

3.  Gal 4:30 MT has the more normal subjunctive κληρονομήσῃ KLHRONOMHSHi
after the OU MH while the NA has the future κληρονομήσει.  KLHRONOMHSEI

Again, without arguing one text over the other in terms of history or theology,
in terms of pedagogy, why not have students read the more grammatically smooth
text first?

 Mark L

FWSFOROS MARKOS