[B-Greek] John 2:15

Iver Larsen iver_larsen at sil.org
Mon Aug 9 03:16:35 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oun Kwon" <kwonbbl at gmail.com>
To: "Barry" <nebarry at verizon.net>
Cc: "greek B-Greek" <b-greek at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: 9. august 2010 04:27
Subject: Re: [B-Greek] John 2:15

> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Barry <nebarry at verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Oun Kwon" <kwonbbl at gmail.com>

The text suggests that Jesus made a whip and drove out the animals (presumably
with the owners following, so they were in effect also driven out), but where
does it say that he whipped the animals? He could have driven them out by
whipping in the air or on the ground close by. After all, there were no goats or
donkeys present. They can be quite stubborn.

Iver Larsen