[B-Greek] John 2:15

Oun Kwon kwonbbl at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 18:31:08 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Barry <nebarry at verizon.net> wrote:

> Just by way of emphasis, let me add that there is no way that PANTAS could
> be restricted only to the animals.  It sounds like the claim has a
> theological or moral motivation, rather than one based on Greek syntax.
>
> N.E. Barry Hofstetter

How come?

On the contrary, there is no way that PANTAS could include other than
animals. There is no indication in the Greek text. It simply says
'sheep and cattle'! and we don't have to read no more and no less. A
whip is for animals. Jesus did not have any right to swing the whip
over the people and, the fact is, he did not have to, neither.

People would drive themselves out of the place (as Jesus intended to
see), for they could not do other than running after their treasure -
their animals - which they had to hold on ;-)

Oun Kwon