[B-Greek] Translate Sprechen Sie Attich (Greek Phrasebook) intoEnglish?

Barry nebarry at verizon.net
Mon Aug 2 07:58:42 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Louis Sorenson" <llsorenson at hotmail.com>
To: <greekstudy at nxport.com>; "B-Greek List mail to all"
<b-greek at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 9:07 PM
Subject: [B-Greek] Translate Sprechen Sie Attich (Greek Phrasebook)
intoEnglish?

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to get the book Sprechen Sie Attisch, by E.  Joannides, 1902
> (latest edition 1922), translated into English and put it into the public
> domain. Perhaps someone out there who knows German well (mine is very
> rusty) would be willing to partner over the coming year to translate this
> into English. I would be happy to type the Fraktur into Latin characters
> and the Greek into Unicode. The only thing I need is someone to translate
> the passages of German (early on) and the Deutch glosses into English.
>
> The book can be found on Google Books at
> http://books.google.com/books?id=21oQAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=sprechen+sie+attisch&hl=en&ei=oBhWTLPJIcaInQfq5vjGAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false.
> This book is the 1902 edition. There is apparently a 1922 edition, which
> may be the same.
>
> This book is very helpful for those who want to learn by an active
> learning methodology as it is based on phrases and idioms that frequently
> occur in authors.
>
> So any takers?. The book is only 80 pages long. If you are interested,
> send me an email off-list. I think this could easily be done in a year
> with little effort.

My German is such that given a dictionary and 1/2 an hour, I can translate
the title of any given book or article...  :)

But this sounds very worthwhile, and I hope somebody takes you up on it!

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
Mentor, TNARS
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry