[B-Greek] Translate Sprechen Sie Attich (Greek Phrasebook) into English?

Louis Sorenson llsorenson at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 1 21:07:18 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I would like to get the book Sprechen Sie Attisch, by E.  Joannides, 1902 (latest edition 1922), translated into English and put it into the public domain. Perhaps someone out there who knows German well (mine is very rusty) would be willing to partner over the coming year to translate this into English. I would be happy to type the Fraktur into Latin characters and the Greek into Unicode. The only thing I need is someone to translate the passages of German (early on) and the Deutch glosses into English.

The book can be found on Google Books at http://books.google.com/books?id=21oQAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=sprechen+sie+attisch&hl=en&ei=oBhWTLPJIcaInQfq5vjGAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false.  This book is the 1902 edition. There is apparently a 1922 edition, which may be the same.

This book is very helpful for those who want to learn by an active learning methodology as it is based on phrases and idioms that frequently occur in authors.

So any takers?. The book is only 80 pages long. If you are interested, send me an email off-list. I think this could easily be done in a year with little effort.

Ερρωσο,
Louis Sorenson