[B-Greek] referential complexity: frames & scenarios and Galatians 6:18

Kevin Riley klriley at alphalink.com.au
Tue Apr 27 20:45:24 EDT 2010

I believe that at least part of the value of theology students studying
at least some NT Greek - even if most do not go on to use it - is that
they are forced to face the fact that we *cannot* satisfactorily explain
every text in the NT, even when we know Greek.  It removes the illusion
that the 'problems' with the text lie in the translations.  My own
belief is that the apparent contradictions, ambiguities, etc are often
really there in the original Greek text, and God wants it that way to
remind us we are only humans.  However we explain the fact that we can't
explain every text, discovering that we can't is not only frustrating
but good for us.

Kevin Riley