[B-Greek] Fear and Trembling revisited

Mark Lightman lightmanmark at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 09:02:33 EDT 2010

This is a good example of the dictum that the best commentary on the Greek
NT is the LXX.  Verse seven from this Psalm was a favorite for early Christian
preaching (Acts 13:33, Heb 1:5.)

It is interesting that in Eph 6:5 Paul appears to be giving advice to slaves that the
Psalmist gave to Kings.  An inside joke?

Anyway, nice parallel, Richard.  I always find these things helpful.  None of us alone
can do enough Greek reading outside the NT to catch everything, so it is very helpful
to share these when we spot them. I still have yet to read the LXX from cover to cover,
though it's on my to-do list.

 Mark L

FWSFOROS MARKOS