[B-Greek] Fear and Trembling revisited

Richard Lindeman oblchurch at msn.com
Sun Apr 25 23:15:22 EDT 2010

I found an interesting and helpful quote concerning fear and trembling in LXX Psalms 2:11
DOULEUSATE TWi KURIWi EN FOBWi KAI AGALLIASQE AUTWi EN TROMWi
The rest of Psalm 2 gives a pretty good explanation and reason for doing so.

I suspect the above verse and all of Psalm 2 may be the specific context St. Paul had in mind when he wrote in Eph 6:5
hOI DOULOI hUPAKOUETE TOIS KATA SARKA KURIOIS META FOBOU KAI TROMOU EN hAPLOTHTI

It appears that the trembling implied here is the complete opposite of fear rather than its complement!

Rich Lindeman