[B-Greek] "result" expressed by adverbial participles?

Elizabeth Kline kline_dekooning at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 21 15:00:41 EDT 2010

On Apr 21, 2010, at 11:37 AM, Dr. Don Wilkins wrote:

> what you say doesn't bode well for the common ground I've been talking about. To have that, it would seem that NT scholars from either background do have to try to think like their opposites. So I'm not sure where that leaves us, except that I'm going to continue reading the recommended sources in your field.

Well, it is possible for some people to inhabit simultaneously several different frameworks. SIL and UBS consultants do it. It is a job requirement. But once a pastoral candidate has been immersed in Old School Grammar they will need to do a "context switch" to read text linguistics. This doesn't seem to bother Mike A, Steve R or I. Larsen. The point is a framework is more than a collection of terms. It is a way of looking at the world.

I used to be able to switch between Old School and text linguistics without much trouble but I am getting older and inflexible. Now days, I want to think like a linguist. I was thinking that way before I had ever heard of BDF, ATR, MHT. For some reason I have less trouble with H.W. Smyth, can't explain it. Smyth is constantly referenced. Learning to read Guy Cooper was a real project. He seems to have framework all of his own.

thank you,

Elizabeth Kline