[B-Greek] QEOPNEUSTOS

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 10:32:30 EDT 2010

Yes, and I'm afraid the rest of the list is almost equally uninformative since it mainly is constituted by quotations of the passage.  It would almost as well be a hapax if this were all we had to go by.  Moulton and Milligan have an entry which is perhaps slightly more helpful in that it isn't Christian and therefore isn't limited simply to a recitation of the passage.

θεόπνευστος     2315
Syll55212(ii/b.c.) opens a decree in connexion with the Parthenon at Magnesia with the words θείας ἐπιπνοίας καὶ παραστάσεως γενομένης τῶι σύνπαντι πλήθει τοῦ πολιτ εύματος εἰς τὴν ἀποκατάστασιν τοῦ ναοῦ—a divine “inspiration and desire” which has impelled the people to arise and build to the glory of Artemis. Cf. also Vett. Val. p. 33019ἔστι δέ τι καὶ θεῖον ἐν ἡμῖν θεόπνευστον δημιούργημα.

Moulton, J. H., & Milligan, G. (1930). The vocabulary of the Greek Testament. Issued also in eight parts, 1914-1929. (287). London: Hodder and Stoughton.

 george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.