[B-Greek] "result" expressed by adverbial participles?

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 12:42:41 EDT 2010

Eddie Mishoe wrote:

<Quote>"It almost seems like an obligation to defend Dr. Wallace's book GGBB, and I do think that Carl is well aware of our differences. I really do not think Wallace in his book under stresses the need to evaluate any word/phrase/clause in the context in which it appears.

"Secondly, Wallace is often faulted for explaining Greek nuances using English grammatical terms, but I'm really not sure what other way there is to communicate a second language."

</quote>

I do not fault Wallace for EXPLAINING Greek nuances using English terms.  I fault him for setting up the manner in which one would translate a passage as the criterion for determining its use in the sentence.  That's hindpart to the front.
 george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.