[B-Greek] Educational Greek Site in beta testing; feedback + critiques?

Stephen and Amanda stephenandamanda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 19:50:13 EDT 2010

Nigel,

I like it.

From a learner's perspective, I think that a graded reading program would be useful. The graded reading programs (Mounce's being one of them) that I have seen don't really lay out goals for a day-to-day program. Reaching small achievable goals is a very important part of staying motivated (Basic psychology principles apply).

Eg. A person starts off on stage 1 which includes reading one or two verses from say 1 John each day. Within a month, that becomes three or four verses (Stage 2). This would continue until a person is reading a chapter/s a day from various places in the NT (The advances have to be slow and gradual) in the same way that a person doesn't start off running a marathon from being a couch potato. Rather, a graded running program is built on slow and gradual goal progression as is most (if not all) exercise programs.

Regards,
Stephen Young