[B-Greek] BDAG corrigendum (PRAYS)

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 01:13:27 EDT 2010

As you wish.  :-)
 george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.

- Jan Hus
_________

________________________________
From: James Ernest <j.d.ernest at bc.edu>
To: B-GREEK list <b-greek at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Wed, April 14, 2010 9:50:10 PM
Subject: Re: [B-Greek] BDAG corrigendum (PRAYS)

". . .a bit wordy, but I see nothing wrong . . ."  --But George, wordiness
is gravely dangerous! --just an el short of worldliness. And this is a
compound case of wordiness. Self-important = having an inflated sense of
one's own importance, or being overly impressed with one's own importance
(not being impressed with one's sense of one's self-importance).

James

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:06 PM, George F Somsel <gfsomsel at yahoo.com>wrote:

>  I think you mean πραΰς PRAÜS.  Have you checked the U of Chicago Press?
> It may be a bit wordy, but I see nothing wrong with that definition.
>
> george
> gfsomsel
>

> … search for truth, hear truth,
> defend the truth till death.