[B-Greek] Fw: Recommendation for Koine Greek text

Gene Cockerham gene.cockerham at ncpres.org
Wed Apr 14 10:02:15 EDT 2010

The first Greek class I took more than 10 years ago was with Machen's
original 1920's text.  I am currently teaching Greek at a small Christian
school in Maryland and have found his methods to be indispensible.  My
students are 7th & 8th graders, 50% of which have come from public grammar
schools and therefore have had no formal grammar lessons.  Without Machen's
style of repetition, simple introductory exercises, and English to Greek
translation I would never get through to these students.  We had chosen
Mounce's text for our curriculum, but I find that his audience had to be
rhetoric age students and his method of using scripture for his exercises,
while he translates for you, all of the words and parts of speech that he
hasn't yet introduced to be as cumbersome as this sentence that I just
wrote.

Does any know of any other curricula that teaches Greek at a logic level of
learning?