[B-Greek] Fw: Recommendation for Koine Greek text

Michael Lawson dikaiosune_7 at msn.com
Tue Apr 13 21:34:23 EDT 2010

Ernie and Berel,

I am on the last chapter of the first edition of Machen's New Testament Greek for Beginners. There are 33 chapters
by the way. There is a study guide with an answer key put out by David L. Thompson. The study guide is very thorough
but there are some errors in the answer key, more than I expected. You are correct that the end of the book, namely
the last two chapters are rushed. Overall, despite criticism of the book being antiquated by some in b-greek,
the book's main benefit is the English to Greek translation exercises in my opinion. I found that I learned the
material better than the book I originally studied which was Summer's Essentials of New Testament Greek. One
can also search under Yahoo! Groups with the search word <Machen> to see our group's answers to the exercises
under the messages' link if a study guide is not appropriated. Thompson also gives you translation exercises from
the New Testament in each chapter of his study guide but not from the Septuagint.

Michael Lawson