[B-Greek] Do You Speak Greek? Omileite Ellhnika;

Louis Sorenson llsorenson at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 22:22:10 EDT 2010

Those interested in a living-language methodology may want to take at a little book from 1894 titled Do you speak Greek?: A Greek primer and fitting book, colloquial and novel  By Societas Rugbiana colloquii Latini Graecique. It's Katharevousa (Restored Attic/1890's Modern School Greek) but it is almost identical to Attic in many respects. It's unique in that it has images mixed in with the text. It can be found on Google Books at http://books.google.com/books?id=KwlFAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Greek+speak&lr=&cd=6#v=onepage&q&f=false.

On another note, the GreekStudy North-Hillard Prose composition group is ongoing, and doing lesson 7 this week. This is a very easy and well-graded composition book. Not too scary.  Anyone is welcome to join. Info on it can be found at http://www.letsreadgreek.org/moodle2/ or drop me a note at writegreek at letsreadgreek.com (I'm the coordinator). Did I say Anyone is welcome to join?

And for those who could not be at Randall Buth's Koine Ulpan, (EGO EMEI EIS) make sure to view the video. You can find a link to it on Schole.ning.com,  along with some other links to audio from other conversational books. A few of us B-Greekers are trying to go live -- how 'bout you?

Louis Sorenson