[B-Greek] Mark 1:41

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 21:58:57 EDT 2010

καὶ σπλαγχνισθεὶς ἐκτείνας τὴν χεῖρα αὐτοῦ ἥψατο καὶ λέγει αὐτῷ· θέλω, καθαρίσθητι·

This man went into a bar and say another man who was already half drunk and he says, "..."

Narrating a past event and switching into the present tense to make the story more lively isn't particularly unusual or even limited to Greek.  I wouldn't in every case attempt to make a judgment regarding the exact sequence of events in every case.  Sometimes it's important, but not always.  It frequently simply indicates the way in which the speaker / writer is viewing the matter.

 george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.