[B-Greek] ARTOS AZUMOS (Thread from 1997)

Steven Cox stevencox_backonbgreek at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 10:46:10 EDT 2010

Hello BGreekers
A favour more that a question on an ancient thread:

 Fitzmyer (Anchor Luke p.1399) states > That ARTOS can mean "unleavened bread" is seen from the LXX of Exod 29:2 (=
Hebrew ... Cf. Philo De Spec Leg 2.28 § 158; Josephus, Ant. 3.6,6 § 142. <

LXX Ex29:2 turns out to be ARTOS AZUMOS, which demonstrates that ARTOS AZUMOS means "unleavened bread" but doesn't show that ARTOS on its own would naturally mean that. I was wondering if someone who has easier access to Philo than me here now would be kind to check Special Laws 2:158 and see if it is ARTOS AZUMOS or just ARTOS for the unleavened bread in question. Sorry about this. :)

Re: The bread of communion