[B-Greek] FOBOS in Eph 5-6

Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Sun Apr 4 09:35:34 EDT 2010

Dear Elizabeth,

This is one time where I think FOBOS has the meaning of "reverential awe" with a
little "fear/terror" alongside of it. My reasoning is that any approach with
regards to God/Christ/Holy Spirit as a Christian is to be with confidence
(Hebrews uses "boldness"; I John 4:18 uses "no fear in love). Yet, at the same
time, there is in the back of my mind that since I am dealing with God, there is
to be a little more than reverential awe/respect because of who He is (TREMOS).

En Xristwi,

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III