[B-Greek] At least linguists have a sense of humor

Mark Lightman lightmanmark at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 16:44:53 EDT 2010

There is definitely some good stuff here.  Much of it I got and laughed,
liked this

<Reduplication is a dish best served twice.>

Some of it I did not get and still laughed:

<Morpheme. Bound Morpheme.>

I could tell that this is funny even though I did not get the
reference.

But one puzzled me

<Every time you mistranslate, God kills a kitten. >

I suppose I could try to google this to figure it out, but if
anyone wants to help me out I would appreciate it.  It seems like
this joke might relate to B-Greek somehow.

And I fell for how to Do Field Work in Indo-European in one
step (find a native speaker.)

Yes, if we cannot laugh now, when can we laugh?
And if not at this, then at what.  And if not us, then who?

Mark L

FWSFOROS MARKOS