[B-Greek] Another question

Susan Jeffers susan at read-the-bible.org
Fri Oct 30 09:10:27 EDT 2009

it's conventional for lexicons to list nouns with their nominative
singular, genitive singular, and gender indicator. The gender indicator
can be either the definite article, which is what you have here, or the
abbreviations "m" "f" or "n" (masculine, feminine, neuter).

the purpose of providing these additional 2 bits of information is to
help you know what the various forms of the noun in question will be,
and how it will behave with other words in a sentence.

this is the stuff of very beginning Greek grammar - in addition to a
"real lexicon" you should also get a basic grammar book and work through it.

best wishes for a fruitful study of Greek!

Susan Jeffers