[B-Greek] APO MEROUS in Romans 11:25

Yancy W Smith yancywsmith at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 30 07:54:50 EDT 2009

Vasileios is right. εαν υμων πρωτον απο μερους
εμπλησθω EAN hHUMWN PRWTON APO MEROUS EMPLHSQW does, however,
contain one temporal adverb, PRWTON.   APO MEROUS reativizes the sense
of complete enjoyment in the verb EMPLHSQW. I don't see any temporal
sense, rather one of degree.

Yancy Smith

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 30, 2009, at 1:37 AM, Vasileios Tsialas <tsialas78 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I think that the expression "for a while" in Ro 15:24 is just a way
> to render the original expression "to enjoy your company in part
> (that is, not fully, but to some degree)".
> Vasileios Tsialas,
> Athens, Greece
>
>> From: iver_larsen at sil.org
>> To: bgreek at global4.freeserve.co.uk; b-greek at lists.ibiblio.org