[B-Greek] APO MEROUS in Romans 11:25

Vasileios Tsialas tsialas78 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 17:23:07 EDT 2009

APO MEROUS means "partial" (BDAG). The expression "for a while" an exegetical comment not really based on the Greek text. The Greek text simply says "ACRI OU" (άχρι ου), which means "until the time when; as long as" (BDAG). This Greek expression does not specify whether this period is short or long,but on the other hand the word "while" gives the impression of a short period. Vasileios TsialasAthens, Greece