[B-Greek] MISEW in Lk 14:26

Albert Pietersma albert.pietersma at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 27 16:22:35 EDT 2009

As I have noted, what is at issue is not the meaning of MISEW per se,
but rather whether attestation in translated literature can be cited
as evidence for new meanings of old words. Muraoka may be right but if
he is, one would like some  corroborating  evidence from non-
translation literature. One the weaknesses of Muraoka's Lexicon is,
however, that such evidence is seldom given, thereby raising the
question whether he has removed himself far enough from LSJs approach
to the LXX. For a critique of Muraoka's approach see my Response to
Muraoka at http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~pietersm/, especially section
3.
Al