[B-Greek] MISEW in Lk 14:26

Albert Pietersma albert.pietersma at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 26 19:26:17 EDT 2009

George,
My interest lies in your use of Gen 29:31. Assuming that BDAG is the
same as BAGD (1979), I don't see that it delineate the two semantic
components in the manner that you suggest; more importantly, however,
the entry on MISEW does not seem to make any reference to Gen 29:31,
as far as I can tell. Most importantly, to delineate a distinctive
semantic component on the basis of attestation in a translated
document (as you appear to suggest) would seem to unwarranted from a
lexicographical perspective. After all, MISEW in Genesis simply
reflects SN) in the source text. No indication, therefore, of a "new"
meaning.
Al