[B-Greek] Mk 14:8 PROELABEN MURISAI

John Wilking jcwilking at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 25 17:56:20 EDT 2009

I'm trying to get a handle on the semantics of PROELABEN MURISAI  in hO ESXEN EPOIHSEN PROELABEN MURISAI TO SWMA MOU EIS TON ENTAFIASMON Mk 14:8.

BDAG under PROLAMBANW refers to BDF 392,2 which seems to reduce PROELABEN to the function of an adverb "beforehand."  But BDAG 1b provides another sense: "undertake", and provides the example PROELABON PARAKALEIN hUMAS from IEph 3:2 (I don't have access to this for context).

Is there a problem with seeing "undertake" as a possible sense?

John