[B-Greek] Luke 12:49-50

Carl Conrad cwconrad2 at mac.com
Fri Oct 23 16:16:25 EDT 2009

On Oct 23, 2009, at 11:31 AM, Samuel Cripps wrote:

> My apologies.  Let me try again.
>
> Please take a look at Luke 12:49-50
>
> πυρ ηλθον βαλειν επι την γην και τι
> θελω ει ηδη ανηφθη βαπτισμα δε εχω
> βαπτισθηναι και πως συνεχομαι εως
> οτου τελεσθη

I think we've mentioned before that you must present a transliteration
of Greek text posted in Unicode Greek font:

PUR HLQON BALEIN EPI THN GHN KAI TI QELW EI HDH ANHFQH BAPTISMA DE ECW
BAPTISQHNAI KAI PWS SUNECOMAI EWS OTOU TELESQH
====
CITATION OF GREEK TEXT IN MESSAGES SENT TO B-GREEK

Using Unicode (UTF-8) for Greek citations in messages sent to B-Greek:
Greek citations in messages posted to B-Greek may be formulated in
plain-text Unicode (UTF-8), but for the sake of list-members who have
problems reading or typing Unicode, such citations should at the same
time be formulated in BG-transliteration, in accordance with the
following pattern:

         John 1:1 ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ
λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν,  καὶ θεὸς ἦν
ὁ λόγος.
         John 1:1: EN ARCHi HN hO LOGOS, KAI hO LOGOS HN PROS TON
QEON, KAI QEOS HN hO LOGOS.

Carl W. Conrad
Co-Chair, B-Greek List