[B-Greek] Looking for pdf summary of Attic->Koine differences

Louis Sorenson llsorenson at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 15 14:23:33 EDT 2009

Jay Treat let me translate his page into unicode several years ago.
I keep a copy at http://www.letsreadgreek.com/resources/treat_classical.html
I was hoping to add some of Epitetus' structures to it and update it. Currently
it is the same doc as Treats in SPIonic, only now in Unicode.

It is also available as a pdf at http://www.letsreadgreek.com/resources/treat_attickoinedifferences.pdf

Louis Sorenson

On Oct 14, 2009, at 10:07 PM, Steven Cox wrote:

> If anyone can help on this:
>
> I recall maybe 13 years ago on BGreek someone recommending a
> document/chapter listing/describing Attic->Hellenistic/Koine changes
> - but cannot find it in the BGreek archive, and I cannot remember if
> it was a book or a url.
>
> Basically (for those that this means anything to) something along
> the lines of the eight points in p.230-231 in Morwood
> (Oxford Grammar of Classical Greek, 2001) but with more detail.

Yes, it's a compilation by Jay Treat, originally done some years ago,
and currently avalable at:
http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~jtreat/koine/classical.html
I note that it still uses the old SPIonic font -- hasn't been revised
to use UTF-8 Unicode Greek. But if you have the SPIonic font in your
system, you can save it as a PDF file, or with a little more effort,
save it in an older MSWD format and use the Unicode Greek Font
Converter to turn it to Unicode.