[B-Greek] Looking for pdf summary of Attic->Koine differences.

Carl Conrad cwconrad2 at mac.com
Thu Oct 15 06:21:20 EDT 2009

On Oct 14, 2009, at 10:07 PM, Steven Cox wrote:

> If anyone can help on this:
>
> I recall maybe 13 years ago on BGreek someone recommending a
> document/chapter listing/describing Attic->Hellenistic/Koine changes
> - but cannot find it in the BGreek archive, and I cannot remember if
> it was a book or a url.
>
> Basically (for those that this means anything to) something along
> the lines of the eight points in p.230-231 in Morwood
> (Oxford Grammar of Classical Greek, 2001) but with more detail.

Yes, it's a compilation by Jay Treat, originally done some years ago,
and currently avalable at:
http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~jtreat/koine/classical.html
I note that it still uses the old SPIonic font -- hasn't been revised
to use UTF-8 Unicode Greek. But if you have the SPIonic font in your
system, you can save it as a PDF file, or with a little more effort,
save it in an older MSWD format and use the Unicode Greek Font
Converter to turn it to Unicode.