[B-Greek] RE The Article / was Zechariah 8:3 (LXX)

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 19:04:46 EDT 2009

I would also avoid grammars which concentrate on teaching how to identify a grammatical form by means of how you might translate it into English as does one prominently popular grammar in use today who says:

c. Key to Identification
For the word ofinsert the paraphrase characterized byor described by. If this fits, and if noneof the other uses of the genitive fits, then the genitive is probably a genitive of description.

Daniel B. Wallace. (1999; 2002). Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics - Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament (80). Zondervan Publishing House and Galaxie Software.
 george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.