[B-Greek] Can Brotos Refer to Animal Mortality (Ez Trag 138)?

Brian Abasciano bvabasciano at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 21:31:57 EDT 2009

The term BROTOS has to do with being mortal and is typically used of human
beings. But I am wondering if it can be used of animals. I am specifically
wondering about the usage in Ezekiel the Tragedian, Exagoge, 138: BROTOUS
AIGUPTIWN POLLOUS KAKWSEI

This would normally be taken as referring to Egyptian mortals. But I wonder
if it could refer to mortal beings of the Egyptians, which could be
understood to refer to Egyptian livestock. Is that possible, or can BROTOS
only refer to mortal human beings?

Thanks and God bless,

Brian Abasciano