[B-Greek] Rom 10:3 and transitive hISTHMI

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 11:55:42 EDT 2009

Perhaps BDAG would be somewhat more to your liking

③to set up or put into force,establish,fig. ext.of 1 (cp.Gen 26:3 τὸν ὅρκον; Ex 6:4) τὴν ἰδίαν δικαιοσύνην Ro 10:3.τὸ δεύτερον (opp.ἀναιρεῖν τὸ πρῶτον, a ref.to sacrificial system) Hb 10:9.—Of legal enforcement κύριε, μὴ στήσῃς αὐτοῖς ταύτην τ. ἁμαρτίαν Lord, do not hold this sin against them Ac 7:60 (contrast ἀφίημι 1 Macc 13:38f; 15:5; Stephen’s expression=ἄφες Lk 23:34; s. Beginn. IV, ad loc.).

Arndt, W., Danker, F. W., & Bauer, W. (2000). A Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament and other early Christian literature. (3rd ed.) (482). Chicago: University of Chicago Press.

george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.