[B-Greek] Reader's Lexicons

Mark Lightman lightmanmark at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 21:27:09 EDT 2009

Aaron EPHRWTHSE:

<Could something like Sakae Kubo's Reader's
 Lexicon be an acceptable compromise between using
 an interlinear and reading the Greek text with only BAGD
 or LSJ in hand? >

Indeed, it could, but have not Reader's Editions made these
Reader's Lexicons obsolete?  The advantage of not needing to
have ANY second book in hand, no matter how convenient, cannot be
overstated.  And remember, Zondervan's RGNT, unlike an interlinear,
a translation, or UBS Reader's Edition, does NOT just
supply one word glosses, but gives you several meanings, taken
from Trenchard's book.  Why would anyone buy Kubo or that new version of
the Reader's Lexicon instead of a Reader's Edition?  If you are going to
cheat, cheat with the best.

Mark L

Φωσφορος

FWSFOROS MARKOS