[B-Greek] PNEUMA and PYR in Matthew 3:11

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 14:20:11 EDT 2009

Considering the fact that it appears to be based on Ps 104.4 [103.4 LXX] and that there is a parallelism between the two stichs, I would rather doubt that.

 ὁ ποιῶν τοὺς ἀγγέλους αὐτοῦ πνεύματακαὶ τοὺς λειτουργοὺς αὐτοῦ πῦρφλέγον.
hO POIWN TOUS AGGELOUS AUTOU PNEUMATA KAI TOUS LEITOURGOUS AUTOU PUR FLEGON.

george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.