[B-Greek] What resources should be in one's Greek library (was Con Campbell on Interlinears -- ADDENDUM

Carl Conrad cwconrad2 at mac.com
Wed Oct 7 11:30:57 EDT 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 10:34 AM, Robert Ellis wrote:

> I have been studying NT Greek for about 12 years with varying
> degrees of
> fervor along the way. I would say that I have probably made better
> progress in the last two years than the previous ten. At this point I
> have read almost all of the GNT, and I am now wanting to expand a
> little
> in my reading. I have done a little reading from the LXX, but I would
> also like to have easier access to Josephus, Philo, the apostolic
> fathers, etc. Unfortunately I have found it nearly impossible to find
> such resources in print. On the other hand, I have found that Logos
> (which I use extensively) has a number of Greek texts available in
> morphologically tagged editions. At this point I am not sure whether
> seek these (1) in print, (2) in the Logos system, or (3) in another
> software system. Suggestions?

I don't know whether you can turn off the parsing and gloss in LOGOS
or not -- or whether you can click on a word and get the parsing and
gloss (if you need that, I think that would be far more satisfactory
than having everything in an interlinear format. For my own purposes,
the only real value to the tagged texts is that you can search them
readily by words and morphology and syntactical combinations.

I would suggest Epictetus to you and point you to the resource pages
that have been developed by Louis Sorenson for studying Epictetus:
http://www.letsreadgreek.com/epictetus/