[B-Greek] Con Campbell on Interlinears

James Spinti JSpinti at Eisenbrauns.com
Wed Oct 7 08:13:11 EDT 2009

Don't go giving away trade secrets like that! We might both join the
unemployed if you aren't careful :)

James, who is now trying to figure out the percentage of books he owns
that he has read and hoping it approaches 50%...

________________________________
James Spinti
Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com
Web: http://www.eisenbrauns.com
Phone: 574-269-2011 ext 226
Fax: 574-269-6788

-----Original Message-----
From: b-greek-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:b-greek-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of James Ernest
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 7:40 PM
To: George F Somsel
Cc: B-GREEK list
Subject: Re: [B-Greek] Con Campbell on Interlinears

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 4:15 PM, George F Somsel <gfsomsel at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Ahh !  That justifies the purchase of an interlinear.  They are quite
> valuable if they are never used.  :-)
>  george
> gfsomsel

Yes, indeed. Like all books, and especially academic books. Even the
good
ones, which we try to mix in now and then just to keep the racket
propped
up. Why, if our sales were reduced to copies actually fated to be read,
we'd
be right out of business. Don't you think so, Herr Spinti? Otherwise,
how to
square all that rampant ignorance out there with the riches of knowledge
and
wisdom bound into in our books, and the zillions of copies we sell of
each
and every one?  ;-)

James

James D. Ernest, PhD, Editor