[B-Greek] What resources should be in one's Greek library (was Con Campbell on Interlinears

Mark Lightman lightmanmark at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 22:03:37 EDT 2009

Tim asked:  <I,,,would be interested in any
suggestions and recommendations based on
 where I'm at in my study on
what resources (or order I should get them in) an aspiring armchair
theologian should have in their Greek library?>

Hi Tim,

If you have access to Interlibrary loan, I would paraphrase Blake:
"One thing alone is needed.  Everything.  All else is vanity."
Check out every Greek resource you can.  Look at everything
available for free on Googlebooks.  Listen to all the great
Greek audio available on the web, which is growing everyday.

But as far as what you should buy, one way to answer this is
to ask me and others on the list, if, God forbid, all our Greek books
were to burn down, which ones would we immediately replace even
if we had to pay full price.  I can only think of four books that I could
not live without even for a few day.  1. Zondervan's Reader's Greek NT
2. NET Diglot 3. Iliad Loeb Vol 1 4. Middle Liddel.  The NET Diglot,
I guess, if the only book I think it should be illegal for a NT Greek
learner not to own.

Zerwick and Trenchard's Vocab guide were also inexpressibly helpful
to me

Mark L

FWSFOROS MARKOS