[B-Greek] Con Campbell on Interlinears

James Ernest jdernest at alum.bu.edu
Tue Oct 6 19:39:55 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 4:15 PM, George F Somsel <gfsomsel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ahh !  That justifies the purchase of an interlinear.  They are quite
> valuable if they are never used.  :-)
>  george
> gfsomsel

Yes, indeed. Like all books, and especially academic books. Even the good
ones, which we try to mix in now and then just to keep the racket propped
up. Why, if our sales were reduced to copies actually fated to be read, we'd
be right out of business. Don't you think so, Herr Spinti? Otherwise, how to
square all that rampant ignorance out there with the riches of knowledge and
wisdom bound into in our books, and the zillions of copies we sell of each
and every one?  ;-)

James

James D. Ernest, PhD, Editor

Baker Academic & Brazos Press