[B-Greek] Con Campbell on Interlinears

James Ernest jdernest at alum.bu.edu
Tue Oct 6 16:08:49 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:08 AM, James Bowick <james at bowick.com> wrote:

> I would be curious to
> know how many of us, some now with Ph.Ds, got their first taste of Greek,
> and got hooked on it, through such tools?
>
> James Bowick

I bought an interlinear NT by mail order from Baker Book House when I was in
junior high school or high school, just out of curiosity. It never hurt me a
bit.

Then again, I never used it, as far as I can recall. I do recall seeing it
sitting there on my shelf for years--can't remember whether I eventually
sold it or gave it away. I do think it somehow kept reminding me, until I
got to college and could take my first Greek class, that the New Testament
was written in a mysterious language that I ought to try to learn someday.

James

James D. Ernest, PhD, Editor

Baker Academic & Brazos Press

jernest at BakerPublishingGroup.com /