[B-Greek] Con Campbell on Interlinears

Sarah Madden sarah.r.madden at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:33:38 EDT 2009

To all --

Amen to all of this discussion, particularly Carl's quote from Clay
Bartholomew's blog comparing using interliners to not using your primary
muscle groups to memorize/read/understand Greek. For several years I tried
to tutor a grad student in Greek grammar, with surprisingly no success, and
he only admitted quite late that he was relying on an interlinear, even
taking it with him to Greek classes. NO WONDER he didn't "get" Greek and was
still asking questions that a first-semester student would have mastered in
the first month!! I had never seen one until a few weeks ago when someone
opened one up (NOT in a Greek class).

Sarah ><>
Maryland