[B-Greek] Unicode (UTF-8) Text-encoding and Transliteration

Carl Conrad cwconrad2 at mac.com
Mon Oct 5 05:34:35 EDT 2009

On Oct 5, 2009, at 2:33 AM, Donald Cobb wrote:

> Hope this one works better...

It didn't work better for the reason that the text-encoding was not
set properly to Unicode (UTF-8). It's the (relative) trickiness of
getting this setting right that is a primary reason why administrators
of B-Greek have insisted that ASCII transliterations accompany all
citations of Greek texts in a Unicode font. In order for the Unicode
Greek to show properly on users' computer screens, both the sender and
the receiver of the message must have the text-encoding set properly
to "Unicode (UTF-8)."

Carl W. Conrad
Co-Chair, B-Greek List